Tuesday 1 June 2010

Sex & the city 2



I watched SATC2 last weekend. I was really disappointed by this movie but what did I expect anyway? Sequels usually aren't as good as the first ones (Pirates of the Carribean is another one). But this movie was really quite bad. The clothes aren't as fashionable as the first one. In fact, I'll never wear some of them like this one:


The story line was very poor, it wasn't funny at all and I think the director/writer seriously lost the plot or lost their humour. I don't recommend anyone watching it cause it'll just make you think less of the first one. Nevertheless, they still managed to rake in something ridiculous like US14 billion over the weekend. I guess their branding or image is very strong hence they were so occupied about making money, they didn't put much effort or thoughts into the production.

Also, they touched upon the Arabic culture and gays. It's such a sensitive topic and I was thinking it may be quite offending to some people that they shouldn't even go there. Oh well it's just my opinions.

On the other hand, Britain's Got Talent is back. Since Diversity won last series, there had been SO MANY dance groups this year trying to impersonate them. I don't think any of them are even close but I was quite impressed by this group, Peridot.




There were a few good teen singers as well like Olivia Archbold & Chloe Hickinbottom. I've been following Britain's Got Talent every year and usually towards the end I get very emotional. Like last series, I really wanted Julian Smith to win but he ended up getting third and I wanted to cry :S I felt so sorry for him, he's a father of two trying to turn his life around for his family. He deserved a chance!! Although I have to say Diversity was really entertaining and very creative in their dance moves.

The only problem I have with this program is that how can you judge a singer and a dancer? How do you tell who is better cause it's totally different categories? Anyhow it's still fun to watch but I hope this year the contestant I vote for will win! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment