Tuesday 1 June 2010

Mystery unsolved

It's Bank Holiday in London today but public holiday doesn't affect me since I'm practically free everyday. I actually don't feel good doing nothing and wasting my time whilst my days to starting work is counting down itself silently ): 


Anyway, E and I decided to go shopping to buy swim wear for Malta. So there I was getting changed and since it was a cloudy day, I put on a black dress. As I was deciding on my jewelry pieces, I noticed that the drawer was a tad bit loose (usually it's jammed pack and stacked to the top of the drawer). And suddenly I noticed one of my Dior necklace plus the box was missing. I started panicking and E was trying to convince me I misplaced it. I prayed for the best and pushed it to the back of my mind.


As we were putting on our shoes, E was looking for his sunglasses and guess what?!? It was also missing! I realised something has gone amiss and my happy mood was instantly replaced with a foul one. So we started searching everywhere for both our things to no avail.


Next, I told Payal and Sonal, my housemates. Payal came into my room and opened my drawers to check if the necklace was amongst my other jewelry. She was opening box by box and came to my Gucci box. She was like, "Geebs, this is empty right?" whilst shaking the box in the air. And knowing Payal, I thought she was pulling my leg and I was like come on give me back my ring! The look on her face told me she was serious this time and I told them they might wanna check their rooms for missing things.


And sure enough, Payal lost her Hermes watch and diamond earrings, Sonal her DKNY and Guess watches. So here we are trying to piece the puzzles together and playing Patrick Jane in the Mentalist. We finally concluded it has to be the maid who has full access of our belongings and is FAMILIAR with our wardrobe.


But then where do we go from here? We could either file a police report or leave it. The chances of us getting our belongings back are so slim as well. I'm still deciding what to do. Imagine if we file a police report and name the cleaner as the main suspect. What if she was innocent? We could have ruined her life or her future prospects in other jobs. Or what if she was guilty or had previous convictions? Then we would have stopped her from stealing from other ppl.


Either way I cannot think of anyone else but the maid. And I can't believe this Bulgarian woman is so ungrateful and deceitful. I treat her so nicely, I bought her Turkish delights when I went to Istanbul during Easter, I offer her Yakult, Actimel, Red Bull and I've even made coffee for her in so many occasions.


Lesson of the day: Do not leave your maid unattended in your room. She has been working with me for 2 years, cleans well and prior to this, I never had a problem with her unless she had been stealing without us noticing.


Anyway, water under the bridge! To lighten things up, E took me to Zafferano in Lowndes Street. It's a notable Italian restaurant with a Michelin star.



The interior of the restaurant (There are 2 rooms)



Starters:Four different types of bread


E with his flat spaghetti with lobster and fresh tomato
(4 stars)



Gnocchi with asparagus
(5 stars)


Veal shin ravioli with saffron
(5 stars)


Happy me with my sangria and ravioli



Buffalo ricotta cannoli with orange, chocolate and pistachio
(3 stars)

The cannoli is Italian's traditional dessert but it was filled with cream and I'm not a fan of cream. The biscuit was really crunchy though. The gnocchi and ravioli is amazing!!! The restaurant's design is not extravagant. They do have big vases of white daisies all over the restaurant which makes it look a bit nicer (maybe only cause daisies are my favourite). I think they're trying to go for the old Italian restaurant look but didn't really work for me. 

Service was excellent though. Sangria was not in the menu but we requested for it and they made it specially for us. They have a very good selection of wines as well if you like wines. The portions are quite small so if you're a big eater you probably need two main courses. Zafferano will definitely be seeing me soon. 

P/S: The lunch and dinner menu is different. 

1 comment:

  1. GEEBS I WANT AN HERMES hahah...anyway, I think you should report the maid (: Also, you look great at the social :D:D

    Where are you working in KL? and when are you reaching?

    ReplyDelete