Sunday 20 June 2010

My superman

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

For those of you who didn't know it's father's day today, big shame on you & I suggest you call your dad up right now to present him a long speech. I haven't been around to celebrate this day with my dad or granddad ever since I've been sent off to London to study but I've never forgotten to wish my dad.

It's easy to be carried away by the hectic timetables we all have, the tasks waiting to be done, the people waiting for meetings and jobs to be delegated and so on. But having no time is the lamest yet the most used excuse. 

My dad is a very important figure in my life. He provides everything for us from shelter to education to maids to scrumptious food to those to-die-for bags and basically anything we could ask for. Since I'm the youngest at home, I'm obviously most 'manja-ed'. He's the one I run to when 'talks' with my mom goes sour. He's the one I tend to when my bank account dried up. He's the one I call when there's any problem cause he solves it faster than my mom. :S

He has been there for me through stormy weathers and sunny days, never stopped loving me no matter what mistakes I made. I always remember two of my favourite quotes from him:

"If you don't know how to spend money, you'll never know how to earn it"
and 
"If a problem can be solved with money, then it's not a problem at all".

Obviously moms being the way they naturally are, my mom wasn't too happy with those statements. 

Oh and don't you worry, I've done a lot for my dad too. For example, my dad is a huge foooooood lover. He drives for hours to try any dish which she said or he said or his friend said is delicious. And being the good daughter I am, I always voluntarily tag along and stuff my face even though my stomach is already about to explode. 

AND he's always craving for dessert. After a heavy heavy meal, he'll be like "Oh, who's up for ice cream?" And when no one's keen on it, he'll put on this sad, miserable face. Then he walks to the ice cream shop and just stares at the ice creams, hovering there until someone comes to his aid. And voila, few minutes later, he and I will be eating ice cream or perhaps even a banana boat. :S (Ever wondered why I'm the size I am? I have my dad to thank.)

Anyway, I'm thankful to God that I have been awarded with such a protective, loving, patient, hot-tempered and understanding dad. I wish I could spend this day with him but I know he knows where my heart lies. Our undying love for each other goes a long way back - though probably only after my unfaithful teenage years.


Us in Tokyo Disneyland


During the 07/08 countdown

Happy father's day daddy. Will make it up to you soon enough <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment