Wednesday 2 June 2010

Boxing up

I have been moving houses EVERY year since I've came to the UK. So you can imagine my reaction when the guy from Barclays Bank asked me, "What's your house telephone number?" as a security check. Obviously I gave the wrong number cause I didn't bother updating and they barred my cards. Anyway I learnt a very clever trick. The next time I went to unbar my cards, I told them that my new house has no home phone. LOL.

Sorry for the diversion but point is moving house is very troublesome. You need to get used to your new wardrobe, get new furniture especially lamps cause I like a very bright house, apply for a new phone line and internet, TV license etc. In addition, you have to pack all your things from one place, wrap the fragile items with bubble wrap so they don't break and unpack them all in your new place, blah blah blah, you know the drill.

So, I'm very glad that I'm boxing up my belongings for the last time. Although this time is a lil different cause I had to section out all my winter clothing as I no longer need them in KL. My room looks very bare right now. My closet is filled with naked hangers and empty drawers, the floor is no longer littered with my bags and the shoe rack is just nude with only three pairs of shoes.

My boxes good to go


Close to bare closet


Naked hangers


So much more space. On the right of the room used to be a row of bags.


My suitcase of winter clothing for Oxfam

But there's one slight problem. My collection for the shipment was supposed to be this morning and guess what? I overslept. It was like a whole dejavu moment. Not the first time. The last time this guy was coming to fix our kitchen oven and I was waiting all day for him. He was due to come late afternoon but I fell asleep instead. Had to lie to Payal that they called and rescheduled. 

On another note, I have a new favourite home cook dish. Korean noodles with egg, tofu, crab stick, kimchi and beef.

Yummy?

It is a bit unhealthy though cause it is still instant noodles. But it's so easy and convenient to cook. Only takes 5 minutes or less (:

Anyway, I have to get going. Need to pack for my Malta trip. Have to leave my house in about five hours. So see ya'll in 9 days. (For the remaining people having exams, I wish you all the best and I'll try to remember to pray for you whilst I'm sunbathing or snorkeling or cruising. :P)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you better be praying okay!!! Thanks. Amidst those corals and clownfishies, PRAY FOR YOUR DEAR FRIEND.

    ReplyDelete