Monday 14 June 2010

Decisions decisions decisions

It is indisputable that any decision we make affects and changes our lives in many aspects. Which uni to go to? Which country to work in? Who to date? Dress to impress or not? Should I play the polite & kind card or demanding & wild card? Every decision you make has a risk factor and you shouldn't be weighed down by it.

It's my last week in London and although I've been looking forward to this week for as long as I can remember, it's suddenly a bit overwhelming. With only 4.5 months before I start work, I wanna have a hell of a time and tick off my long to-do list of crazy stuff. I very rarely regret the choices I've made cause what's the point? Regret or not, it's done and over with; just learn from your mistakes. I've learnt that wtv you do, you need to be happy and confident about yourself. That way, you perform better and gain more satisfaction. Everyday is a slow learning process.

To me, nothing is more important than family. Obviously having spent all our lives waking up to the familiar faces and going to sleep with the familiar voices will drive anyone insane. Hence, like a normal family, we do bicker. Especially my sister & I. I think she secretly enjoys annoying me. But at the end of the day, we all sleep on the heated arguments and tend to let bygones be bygones.

I think all families argue because you know that no matter how bad the temper is, how many vases are broken, how loud you shout, we all know that we are bonded to this person for life. And that is when people often take family members for granted. I often say to my girlfriends that you can tell if he will be a good father by looking at their current relationship with their family especially their parents. If he is from a close knitted family, probability is he will be a caring parent and looks after their family well. If not, you might wanna look elsewhere.

Anyway, I've decided that I've been away from home for TOO long and it's time for the four of us to be reunited by living under the same roof. We could finally go on family holidays again with everyone present and yummy lunch/dinner buffets.


Us in Manila

Anyway ask me again next year. I may change my mind after the nightly fights for the Astro remote with my darling sis.

Moving on, Payal and E had been urging me to read. They have left me with more than 10 books to choose from. As most of you know, the only books I read are textbooks or magazines. No, I'm not a nerd but I just cannot sit still and read cause it's just too boring for me.

Thus, I'm thrilled that I finally finished a storybook today. Knowing me, I obviously chose the only pink book available cause a pink cover signifies a chick flick book. I figured it's better to get into the groove of reading first then tackle the hard core ones like The Art of War by Sun Tzu.


A Hollywood Ending by Robin Sisman

This book ain't great but it's ok if you just wanna read to pass time. I'm actually patiently waiting for Sunday to come to hop onto my plane to Egypt. Oh note: ever ever travel for more than 2.5 weeks. I remembered when I was traveling around Spain and Germany for a month and nearing the third week, my sis & I were just in the hotel watching movies. Yeap, what a great way to spend money. But trust me, by the second week, you're already so knackered & worn out from sightseeing, the constant switching of hotels and hotel food. Hence, I'm taking a week break from Malta before heading to Egypt. Smart eh?? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment