Monday 17 May 2010

The beginning of an end

Life is such a funny passage ain't it, or is it just mine? Mine is like a roller coaster ride or a sail in the roughest oceans. One filled with obstacles and painful setbacks but at the end of the day, it is how you take criticisms and what you gained from it that matters. Of course there are days when the sun is shining and when I can see the full moon smiling back at me. (I have weird obsessions with sunrise, sunset and the full moon :P)
The sunset I personally captured in the Philippines. Wanted to put this as a header on my blog but the size was incorrect and downsizing is a foreign word to me :S

I remember five years ago when I set foot in London to further my studies. I was excited and jumping around like a new born bunny although I've been to London before but this was different. I was thinking no more curfews, no more parent hovering behind your back 24/7, no more nags about how long I've been on the phone or how often I'm glued onto the TV. I obviously didn't realize the down side of being independent until I had to learn to do my own laundry, wash my own clothes, change my bed sheets (still hate doing them) and worse of all, cook. Till date, my past and current housemates & I still hire a cleaner fortnightly cause come on, we're here to study, no?

I'm not the tidiest person nor the best cook around but I can honestly say London & I have a love-hate relationship. The weather drives me mad especially if it's raining and I'm not wearing my boots or it's freezing cold and I forgot my scarf or gloves. But in a month's time, I'll finally be bidding this country goodbye.

Come October I'll be a fresh graduate from Imperial College London with a degree I am not entirely sure what profession it's suitable for. Does this sound familiar to you? I can recall the days when my sister graduated and she went like, "I'm not working in any accountancy related jobs." I was like, "What the heck do you mean? You hold an accounting and finance degree!!!" But, now I feel her sorrow. True enough you'll never really understand a situation until you're put in it.

I'm glad that a path has been cleared out for me for the next few chapters in my life. I hold an unconditional offer to a world re known bank and yes, I'll be a banker! :S Not quite sure about the job scope yet but wow, I'll be working in November so wish me luck. It's quite a diversion from chemistry and management to banking isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment