Monday 6 September 2010

Contentment

I've been very confused with life lately. Or more like have been making some important decisions which will affect my life and some are still "left behind" cause my brain simply cannot process anymore information.

From young, we were advised to strive for the best; to play tennis like Anna Kournikova, walk like Gisele Bundchen, sing like Christina Aguilera... So what is the best? How do you define best? Cause my best could differ from your best which differs from his & her best. Has it ever crossed your mind that no one can be the best at anything all the time? One could only be the best for some time. Cause at some point someone will overtake you. Going up the ladder must be fun but when you're at the top, it'll be a hard fall downwards.

So when is enough enough? Being content is on route to happiness so is it a sin to crave for a handbag or a nice ride or to dine in Michelin stars restaurants? If it's a sin does that mean we'll never improve since we're not trying harder? Or is it only human to want something we don't have?

How do we decide that we're content? Or that you could do better? Or you deserve more than you receive?

SIGH! Maybe I'm over thinking cause I'm mentally exhausted but my body refuses to sleep. Story of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment