Tuesday 31 August 2010

Mom's big 5-0

Last month, my dearest mom turned 50. Hence, my sis & I decided to throw her a small celebration at the Mandarin Grill in Mandarin Oriental Hotel next to KLCC. Mandarin Grill is very famous for their exquisite food and sure enough they lived up to their reviews. Wine was good, service was excellent and if you get a side table (through advance booking), you'll get a glimpse of the city as well.


An assortment of bread


A tasting plate for appetizer



Lamb chop


Burger


Lobster


Their signature grill meat

NB: All portions are generally very small except for the grill meats where there is a minimum weight you have to order. 

My smart sis also arranged for a saxophonist from the hotel to come when we brought the surprise cake to my mom. Staff are very very helpful, they helped us hide the presents and cake when we got there and almost everything went as planned. 


Carrot cake with macarons

E & I bought the cake from Whisk. It is the most delicious carrot cake I've ever tasted in my life. It has minimal sugar and is a healthier option especially after a very heavy meal. But need not worry sugar lovers cause Whisk serves red velvet cakes and cupcakes as well. Whisk is a family business in Empire Shopping Centre and I would recommend everybody to pay them a visit.

Anyway, after the cake and the bottles of red wines and the recall of childhood stories we of course had to snap photos of this happy moment so here goes:












xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment